Tuesday, September 13, 2011





















Game #74 - Tuesday, September 13, 2001 at 7:05 P.M. Chris, Vijay, and Melanie in our section today. It was an honor to get my photo with Clancy today. He is a legend and has been there for over 35 years! I hope to get more pictures with the icons and pals at Camden Yards, but I may have gotten everyone I wanted (for now). This is one baseball note I must mention. One of the most fascinating sequences you will ever see - JP Howell threw to first base, at least four times, when Adam Jones came on to pinch run for Guerrero. It really messed up his psyche (or he messed himself up) and he threw a pitch to Matt Wieters that ended in the seats. I had to feel for Howell as he was kneeling on the ground in dejection. Tampa Bay has little room for error if they want to make the wildcard, and the demeanor of the team after the home run shows that. Speaking of Jones, he will be honored in a ceremony before the game to celebrate his nomination for the Roberto Clemente award. Class.

No comments: