Thursday, September 15, 2011













































Game #75 - Wednesday, September 14, 2001 at 7:05 P.M. I have to look back at my blog and see what transpired during the big "prime" number games. I almost went home early and I am reminded why I should not. Highlight today included Adam Jones receiving the nomination for the Roberto Clemente Award. This is one of the great honors that can be bestowed upon anyone. Pete reminded me that the Orioles have more recipients than any other team. Jones has worked with BARCS, the YMCA of Central Maryland, Boys and Girls Clubs, and donates to the OriolesReach program. It's a wonderful acknowledgement and shows a little good (or a lot) does get it's returns. Marc and Faith joined in our Section today. We were discussion the "Andino at the Movies" featurette, and trying to figure out which movie he reviewed on Monday. Through deductive reasoning we were able to recall it was "Tropic Thunder". In unison with this occurring, a foul ball (hit by Andino) came to our section, ricocheted against the back wall, and I literally grabbed it and almost fell over backwards. I was shaking afterwards. Marc told me I got an ovation, but I was in my own world at this point and couldn't hear anything. This is why you stay. The Law of Attraction was apparent tonight. Another irony here: Matt Moore was making his Major League Debut for the Tampa Bay Rays when he was facing Andino. A plethora of great pictures from this game. This will end up being one of my favorite games I will ever go to. Only 6 left, I hope they are special. Pictures from the Roberto Clemente nomination ceremony have been included! Enjoy! :)

No comments: