Tuesday, September 27, 2011















































































Game #80 - Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 7:05 P.M. This has been so fun. People may sound delusional when they believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny at a certain age/point in their lives. But tonight, I truly believe in the Orioles Bird. I got one photo with him earlier, but then after the 7th Inning Stretch, he was happy to have me come over for a second photo (in overalls). He actually put his arm around me afterwards and said he recognized me from all the games this season and the City Paper ad. This was the antithesis of the halfway mark, where I thought I was scaring him. He thanked me and said we need more fans like him. He asked me if I would do this next year... Well... :) It was the icing. Right there, I felt this season was all for it. I did tear up a little bit. These are moments that are not commonplace. But feel good moments should be perpetual. I was genuinely touched.


Photos include : Mark Reynolds winning the CareFirst most walks by an Oriole Award and
behind the dugout, the last batter with Adam Jones facing Jonathan Papelbon.

The Orioles lost, but this was a great baseball game. The crowd was really into it for both clubs. In section 8, as Faith put it, it was ladies night. We has Faith, her pal Gina, Deonna, and Amanda. You may be able to spot all of them off the television shot :) Got a thank you from Adam S. before the game started and also ran into Steve H. the icon. Went to Club Level to get a photo with Bill W., and his friends, Don and Sharon.



I spent the last few innings, back over in Section 24/26 with Robert. It felt good to be back there, as I used to regularly sit there last season and for a few this year. I forgot how good the view is behind the Orioles dugout. Thanks again to Robert for taking care of me. The dugout shots are of Zillbilly and the Orioles Bird. This has been a yearly tradition for both of them to dance together near the end. :)

Thanks to Marc for the Little Havana Orioles shirt. Thanks to Faith for the picture with the two crazies above :)

A few more thank you's, because I will try to get them all in for tonight's game and tomorrow. A big thanks to Kim and Eric for their support and being great pals! A big thank you the Baltimore City Paper for publishing my story and for my amazing award. Thanks to Baltimore Is Awesome for first mentioning my blog on twitter and facebook. Scooter has been a big influence in this blog. He has a football blog for Arsenal FC, for our friends from Slainte. I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge he is a big inspiration for this blog. Thanks to Tom H. and Jamie W. for being so supportive, and introducing me to some wonderful people along the way. This story may be told again in the offseason and afterwards. :) Thanks to Charlie V., Kevin O., and Shannon D. Thanks to Robert from Sections 16, then 24, then 26 and Joe, Earl, and Brandie in Section 8, who have looked out for my friends and I. Thanks to Kelly and the Natty Boh guy for everything. Thanks to Clancy. Thanks to Donnell at the Designated Driver booth. Thanks to Charlie/Zillbilly. And thanks to my friends who I have gotten to know and reacquainted with. Because feeling good and being around good people is what this is all about. This section may get heavily edited with more Thank you's. If this was my last game of season, I would have felt ok with it. I don't know what can top this. See you tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Josh said...

Hey, I'm the guy who holds the "Cheap Ass Beer" sign at the bar "The Bullpen" and it would be great if you could come over before or after the game so I could get a picture with you.

Ideen Barimani said...

I'll see you tonight. I got one with you before but would be honored to do it again! Look under game #55 :)